Thursday, October 7, 2010

speech bubbles

Photobucket
I was thinking about how interesting it was that different lines and symbols could be used within comics and cartoons to represent things that it would otherwise be difficult to convey. Some examples are, A circular bubble to show what someone is saying. A cloud-like thought bubble to show what they are thinking. Wavy lines over something to show it has an odor. Straight lines behind something to show it is going fast. etc. I was wondering how hard it would be and over what period of time it would take to implant new comic features into society. I have some ideas for a few this is just one, the aural bubble showing what people are hearing. The actual design of it needs works but I like the idea at its core.

1 comment:

tornado bait said...

my friend Lisa has a tattoo of a stegosaurus with a speech bubble with nothing in the bubble. it's neat.