Thursday, March 27, 2008

Fire Dog

Photobucket
This a drew pretty quickly. The difference between this piece and orange lolly pop is that I used a photo for reference of a face in lollypop but this was all from my head. That is why it lacks a certain depth or realism. lolly pop was all clone stamped found textures and large strokes while this was done drawing lines using a wacom tablet. i feel i could have done a lot more with it if i took the time but it was more of just an experiment. The major goal was seeing if i could make a drawn looking image. I feel that it is comparable to what i could have achieved using colored pencils or paint besides the fact i was able to put my shadows and highlights on separate layers and have more control over going back to change them.
I think i could make some really nice freehand illustrations like this once i hone my traditional freehand drawing skill.
Medium: Photoshop
Time: around 2 hours

1 comment:

Patach said...

I really like this!