Monday, March 3, 2008

Sin

This character was inspired by Sin, a Sumerian-Babylonian Moon God. Usually depicted as an old man with a blue beard.
I would like to continue with the character and make an animation plus more wooden figures. He raised the marsh waters around the city of Ur to feed cattle in the area. Plus had a crescent shaped boat. I thought that the boat and cows would not only supply interesting subjects for sculpture for ideas the plot of an animation.
Photobucket
Here are two drawings. The first one i started as i flushed out the idea in my head of what he might look like. And the second is after I made a wooden figure.
Photobucket
Here is the Wooden Figure. The piece that has his nose and eyes on it can rotate 360 degrees it is pretty sweet. I would like todo a more detailed one with a soft beard and clothes.
Photobucket
And finally here is the CGI version. Overall I am not to0 happy with this picture but i got a good amount of practice at Maya while I made it. For one i eyeballed the proportions and shapes of the character from the wooden model. I played around with hair and fur tools with the beard and i lofted the ground from curves. besides that everything was pretty simple and straight forward. It still needs a lot of texture work and for a nice environment to be made for it.

No comments: