Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gym

Photobucket
I don't work out. I have never been to a gym.
I love mechanical things especially hinges and pulleys.
While ith a building my portfolio wide range of styles and samples I decided to make a home gym machine. My original idea was to make a very large complex home gym that looked ridiculous. As I began my project and started collecting reference pictures from the internet the image in my head of an exaggerated gym kept being surpassed by actual home gyms that were enormous and covered in dozens of arms and pulleys and seats. Two evenings into this project I got a little bored with the idea of adding on to the gym and also thought it might serve better as a portfolio piece if it looked as though it could be an actual gym.
This is a little nicer than some of my rendering work lighting wise.
I could have taken more time with the shaders/materials everything is just a slight variation of shiny gray.
Medium : Maya
Time : 2 evenings

No comments: